What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
the boy
the boy's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

how to speak zombie by steve mockus. comes complete with a 10 button jobbie that makes various noises, only reason i bought it to be honest haha

Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

the boy wrote:
how to speak zombie by steve mockus. comes complete with a 10 button jobbie that makes various noises, only reason i bought it to be honest haha

My Christmas present from my grandson....bless 'im Laughing out loud

Talie

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist by eck its good.

tripitaka
tripitaka's picture

Just started Yellow Blue Tibia.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Just finished "House of Suns" by Alastair Reynolds

Now starting "Ubik" by Philip K Dick...

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

Just finishing Artemis Fowl and the Antartic Complex - yes I know it's a young adults book but I enjoy them and started reading them when my youngest son was of the age to buy them for Eye-wink and about to start Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch; heard good things about it so we'll see.

Oh, and graphic novels on the go as well - Captain America reborn and Deadpool: we don't need another hero

and the usual academic rubbish - "Teaching Today" - Geoff Petty, "Social constructivism as a philosophy of maths" - Paul Ernest and "Radical Constructivism in Action: Building on the Pioneering Work of Ernst Von Glaserfeld (Studies in Mathematics Education)" by Leslie P. Steffe and Patrick W. Thompson Puzzled

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

I was just reading a review of Rivers of London today

Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

[h - "Teaching Today" - Geoff Petty, "Social constructivism as a philosophy of maths" - Paul Ernest and "Radical Constructivism in Action: Building on the Pioneering Work of Ernst Von Glaserfeld (Studies in Mathematics Education)"

hmmmm, I think I'll wait till the film comes out, currently re reading "Vicious Circle" one of Mike Carey's superb Felix Castor novels to get me in the mood for the SFX weekend. Smiling Smiling Smiling

tripitaka
tripitaka's picture

13 Things That Don't Make Sense by Michael Brooks. Surprisingly he doesn't cover the popularity of Westlife; the point of the Kardashian sisters or cauliflower. 

Talie

The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart by Jesse Bullington which is great fun and a book about Waterloo which is good too (can't remember author)