What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

I've had that on the shelves for years, but never gotten around to it. Is it any good?

alec
alec's picture

I think I read one of Bruce's books years ago and if I recall there is a device called 'The Orgasmatron' in it, which struck me as ironic with that being a Motorhead track an' all.

Of course I could be trying to Mardi Gras my life up by dancing behind a band of innocent lies and half remembered plots as something about Woody Allen springs to mind too.

I thought the book was okay in its way but maybe I was just tainted against the author who is already a rock star and an airline pilot. Come on Bruce, share the joy of life a bit will ya.

alec
alec's picture

I remember reading 'Slugs' a long time ago. When my mum realised what it was like she confiscated it.

My mum used to do the same thing with me; going as far as banning certain 'LP' (as they were in those days) tracks from being played in the house. But as the mighty so often fall it only came to light years later she'd read Lady Chatterley's Lover when it was a banned text...I've put her in a really bad old people's home.

By the way how does that 'quote' thing work in the box and all that. I tried with tripitaka's comment and it has gone all pear shaped, see?

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

There isn't a button for it, you just have to type the quote in like this (but without the spaces)

[ quote ] whatever you want to quote in here [ /quote ]

alec
alec's picture

Deep Black wrote:
There isn't a button for it, you just have to type the quote in like this (but without the spaces)

Cheers Andi, I do believe I may have the hang of it now...we shall see next time I try it.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

alec wrote:
Deep Black wrote:

Cheers Andi, I do believe I may have the hang of it now...we shall see next time I try it.

Or you could press the "quote" button on the right hand bottom of the post you are reading Laughing out loud

alec
alec's picture

Cheers Ian, I will try that next time...or I may just run screaming into cyberspace with my noggin over heating.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

JD and Coke wrote:
Or you could press the "quote" button on the right hand bottom of the post you are reading Laughing out loud

Ohh yeah, don't think I've noticed that before
I though it was like doing Bold etc...

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Deep Black wrote:
JD and Coke wrote:

Ohh yeah, don't think I've noticed that before
I though it was like doing Bold etc...

Keep banging those rocks together, Deep Sticking out tongue Eye-wink

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Deep Black wrote:
I've had that on the shelves for years, but never gotten around to it. Is it any good?

Not as good as the first one this one is more a dig at the TV evangelists. Evil Evil