What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
reddragon70
reddragon70's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

I only do paperbacks if that IS the first edition or the original hardback is to bloody rare I would need a secind morgage to buy it. I'll go to amazon for surface detail I think.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Really? I'm the other way around.

I have mosty paperbacks. Much easier to read & carry around. I certainly could put that Surface Detail HB in my pocket.

Plus I buy 90% of my books 2nd hand so mostly find PBs

German-platypus
German-platypus's picture

Had to read "The Maltese Falcon" by Dashiell Hammett for the university, but I think Lazlo Woodbine is much cooler than Sam Spade Laughing out loud

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Now reading Blood Music by Greg Bear, good so far
& Listening to Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, well you can't knock it 'till you've tried it.

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

Andi.... Mate... You seem to me to be a man of good taste and wisdom. But Twilight??? NOOOOOO!!! Step away from the limp noodle vampire romance please. Go for the Sookie Stackhouse books instead. At least theyre aimed at a target audience that isnt pre pubescent girls.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Indeed I totally agree, which is why I'm not wasting time "reading" it & am "listening" to it.

But as I say I can't knock it untill I've given it a go. Have you read anything from it at all?

From what I've heard so far I'll cartainly be able to knock it when it's fihished Eye-wink

tripitaka
tripitaka's picture

I got halfway through chapter one of Twilight before I had to remove the CD from the car via the window.
At the moment I'm working my way through The Walking Dead.

Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

Ok bit off topic, but I have just got this DVD in the post today "Video Nasties, The definative guide" with this on the cover

"WARNING! over 13 hours video nasty Mayhem! and Trailers and much more for all the 72 titles on the DPP's historic '80s banned list! Shocked

so you can probably guess what I'll be watching this weekend Evil

Talie

I guess at The X Factor Smiling

Reading Azincourt at the moment and enjoying it, finished sequel to Dracula and really like it, esp the twist.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Now reading The Line of Polity by Neal Asher

Nearly finished Twilight on audio - it's not gotten ant better