What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
Im on here_on_
Re: What are you reading now?

'The Tongues of Serpents' by Naomi Novik, it's book 6 in the 'Temeraire' series, a series which I recommend everybody reads (aside from Robert's books, of course).

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Reading "Making History" by Stephen Fry

Timmeh
Timmeh's picture

Seamus Heaney's translation of Beowulf.

Talie

Just started Roy Hudds autobiograpy at work and The Blood Lance at home - Not sure of author...in fact title might be wrong there too Smiling

Just finished Carrion Comfort by Dan Simmons which was excellent (but knowing my memory again the title and author could be wrong,...............it was definately good though)

tripitaka
tripitaka's picture

Geektastic:Stories from the Nerd Herd. It has comic interludes by Bryan Lee O'Malley and Hope Larson.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Carrion Comfort is definatly by Dan Simmons, I've read the Hyperion books & they were excellent....

Rachie_D

I've just started to re-read 1984. I read it many years ago and was recommending it to someone. Just brilliant!!

alec
alec's picture

Thought I would throw my hat into the ring for the first time, quiet Saturdays and cheap supermarket beer are great aren't they?

I am giving 'American Gods' a go at present and admit I am quite enjoying it. So much so I am thinking of learning how to palm coins.

1984 again hey Rachie_D, I read it for the fisrt time a couple of months back and boy did it drag me into a well of misery. I must have been over exposed to Hollywood endings over the years. I always thought I had a bad 'what's the point' attitude but now I know I have thanks to George.

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

alec wrote:
I am giving 'American Gods' a go at present and admit I am quite enjoying it.

Just finished re-reading this but the Authors prefered version this time, apparently it's longer with some re-written pieces and some cut from the original put back. Can't say I have noticed any of the changes but it's been a while since I read the first published issue - Oh, and I love this book Smiling

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

American Gods..... It is a fantastic book. One I really enjoyed. For some reason though, every time I see Mr Nancy in the book, I get this vision of Cab Calloway. Or is that just me?

Its definitely a book I would recommend to readers though. A beautiful road trip into the heartland of lost America in the company of Gods who have no worshippers. Deeply sureal and a great read.