What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

Just started Kim Harrison's, A Fistfull of Charms no 4 in the Hollows series.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

This after a glowing write up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riders_of_the_Purple_Wage
About half way in & I'm not inpressed so far, I think the writing style isn't for me

Dints 216
Dints 216's picture

K-pax by gene brewer. the film was fantastic but im sure the book is going to be alot better.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Saw & liked the film some time back. I wasn't aware it was based on a novel. I see there are 4 books in the series. Do report back with your thoughts on the book...

JRawly
JRawly's picture

Having read 4 in the last week, I am on my last Robert Rankin book. The Japanese Devil Fish Girl and Other Unnatural Attractions.
I hope to see Mr Rankins new book with him next week Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Finally finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Not bad, but overly long for the story it is. I guess that was the point, but you'd have to love Gaiman's writing to love the book. I found it to be ok, but would highly recommend it.
Now starting Light by M John Harrison

Croydon Robert

Dints 216 wrote:
theres many mention of brentford and the griffin pub etc etc but not a mention of are lord and master mr rankin. not up to now anyway.
hope you hol to rennes was nicve, did you go searching for treasure while you werre there ? ha

Apparently Rat Scabies is now obsessed with the Brentford Griffin but hadn't heard of it for the first year or two that he lived in Brentford (he had previously lived in Kent and Croydon). Perhaps there will be a book about the Griffin next. Probably still without mentioning the Great Man himself.
Rennes le Chateau is a brilliant place to visit, but I was laughing at the idiot treasure hunters, not searching with them. The night before we got there, two British tourists had spent all night digging a hole under the Tour Magdella looking for the body of Mary Magdelane or something. Cretins. the Graveyard is completely fenced off and closed to the public because English and American scum dig the bodies up looking for the Holy Grail.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Just finished Christopher Moore's Practical Demonkeeping, what a great read! and am now onto The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove Laughing out loud

Uncle Nick

JD and Coke wrote:
The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove Laughing out loud
Sounds a bit kinky... Eye-wink

I'm on a Pax Britannia marathon, as I picked up the last 5 in the series when I was down in Wales at the start of the month. 

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

By chance does anyone have Christopher Moore’s The Stupidest Angel on audio they are willing to share Puzzled