What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
Dints 216
Dints 216's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

Yeh i think that was the flyer ! i think the hair style was fantastic as i had my hair the very same, sadly i think thats why my hair has said goodbye to me now, to much peroxide.
However i was drinking lots of death by cider at the time (white ace) so im unsure about alot of those years.
ANOTHER MANCHESTER MR RANKIN READER EH ! Nice to meet you.
ATB Damian216 x

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Finished - Dotter of Her Fathers Eyes. It was ok, but seemed rather lacking in depth.Still if it gets a more mainstream audience intertested in checking out graphic novels then that's cool. It's not all super heros who ware pants on the outside.

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Just arrived today Charlie Stross's Rule 34 the sequal to Halting States which was good, looking forward  to starting it.

Dints 216
Dints 216's picture

Rat scabies and the holy grail by christopher dawes. sounds like a fun read.

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Kim Harrison's, Every Which Way But Dead.

GrandmasterP

Just this minute finished Simon Armitage's 'Walking Home' north to south on the Pennine Way.
Good book, he gave up on the very last day, I would have done similar but much much earlier.

Croydon Robert

Dints 216 wrote:

Rat scabies and the holy grail by christopher dawes. sounds like a fun read.

Indeed yes. Complete bollox but great fun. A bit like a Robert Rankin novel but pretending to be a true story. I purchased my copy in the bookshop in Rennes le Chateau where much of the tale is set.

Bryanp1973

"Just this minute finished Simon Armitage's 'Walking Home' north to south on the Pennine Way.Good book, he gave up on the very last day, I would have done similar but much much earlier."

A HUGE SPOILER FOR SOMEONE WHO MIGHT HAVE BEEN ABOUT TO READ THAT BOOK namely me  Thanks a lot Sad

Dints 216
Dints 216's picture

Hola croyden robert, i picked up my copy from a 2ndhand shop for £1 near holy island as the title cought my eye and it sounded a fun read, and it is but as you say its bollox but when you have to read you have to read and once i start a book im going to finish it.
theres many mention of brentford and the griffin pub etc etc but not a mention of are lord and master mr rankin. not up to now anyway.
hope you hol to rennes was nicve, did you go searching for treasure while you werre there ? ha

Dints 216
Dints 216's picture

Hola croyden robert, i picked up my copy from a 2ndhand shop for £1 near holy island as the title cought my eye and it sounded a fun read, and it is but as you say its bollox but when you have to read you have to read and once i start a book im going to finish it.
theres many mention of brentford and the griffin pub etc etc but not a mention of are lord and master mr rankin. not up to now anyway.
hope you hol to rennes was nicve, did you go searching for treasure while you werre there ? ha