What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

I’ve just started (on audio) Whispers Underground by Ben Aaronovitch, and Sacre Bleu by Chris Moore is lined up in the wings as it were Smiling

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

Working through and nearly finished "whispers underground". The third, and apparently there are seven planned, Book in the Peter grant series. Not quite as fast moving or gripping as the first two but still an enjoyable read.

Thats the real book....

On kindle I'm still reading "Peter and max" a novel based around the "fables" comic book series (which I'm a big fan of) and by the same writer. Very good.

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

I am re-readin the short story I worte. I dont know if its any good but.... I am incredibly proud of it. I wrote something. Even if its terrible. I wrote it.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

What's it about?

Non-Stop was good.

I've just started The Mind Cage by A E van Vogt

Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

reddragon70 wrote:

I am re-readin the short story I worte. I dont know if its any good but.... I am incredibly proud of it.

I wrote something. Even if its terrible. I wrote it.

Don't worry it was good!

Reading "Electrified Sheep" by Alex Boese, follow up to "Elephants on Acid" and "Hippo Eats Dwarf". This one has more bizarre

experiments including Chimpanzee Butlers and monkey Maids! Whats not to like. Also just finished Roberts "Armageddon Trilogy".  First time I Read the first one I couldn't get into it, so avoided the other two.  This time round I really enjoyed reading all three (back to back). Maybe I'm older, wiser, drunker, who knows?

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

captain.fantastic wrote:
Working through and nearly finished "whispers underground". The third, and apparently there are seven planned, Book in the Peter grant series.

Please tell me I'm not the last person in the UK who never knew about 23-24 Leinster Gardens? I thought nope that cannot be real, but yes it is!

http://leytr.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/23-24-leinster-gardens.html

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

I'd not heard of that one before either

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

Ok, my story, what I wrote.. Is about ship building on the Clyde.

But building space ships. On an orbital platform anchored to the the clyde valley by a space elevator. Its mostly about the working lives of men who work in a dangerous job, their interactions, wit and wisdom. Jokes, pranks, all the stuff that us working guys get up to really. With the backdrop of building a spaceship.

I have somehow aquired someone who has edited it for me, so I am now going to revise the story. Change and tweek it, hopefully get it to a format that will make it more liable to be published. Though I dont hold out much in the way of hope for that. I am not a writer, I am a train driver. Though if it does get published I will be ecstatic. I have had one rejection, but that was before having an editor look it over.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Good luck, roughly how long isit?

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

Before the edit it was a bout 8200 words. Once a tweek it and rewrite it a bit, I dont know. Maybe more, maybe less.