ONLY SIGNED PROOF COPY OF "THE JAPANESE DEVIL FISH GIRL" IN RAFFLE

81 replies [Last post]
captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
Re: ONLY SIGNED PROOF COPY OF "THE JAPANESE DEVIL FISH GIRL" ...

I will throw my tuppence in the ring - at present we have sold 38 tickets (£380 to the charity) and I would like to say a BIG thnks to all for supporting this Smiling Robert's intention of aiming for 50 and indeed limiting it to that amount is great as this gives all a real feeling of the odds being in their favour as well as generating a great donation to the charity....

So we have 12 tickets to go to make the total wanted

Do we sell at the con where the raffle is to be drawn?

Personally I think we should sell all the tickets we can at the con, after all this is for charity - we might sell none, we might sell the 12 to make the 50 limit, we could sell another 50! Who knows?

It's a dillemma, I know that the golden sprout members are a big hearted crowd - how could they not be? but I would hate to think that if we sold lots some would be agrieved.

PROOF POLL

Who makes a choice - you do, its your club - you have 3 days to present your thoughts and if you don't or they are inconclusive I will suggest to Robert (hello) that we do sell at the con but to the maximum of 50 overall.

Grand Master

Yes, it was never my intention to sell more than 50 tickets. That was the point, 50 made for good odds and a decent figure for the charity. So it would be nice to sell the last 12 tickets on this forum. Any takers?

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

That link doesn't work for me. I have voted though going through the "recent posts" link on the left (which is always my 1st port of call here).

Quote:
OK the idea is to sell 50 tickets, I suppose it doesn't matter who buys them. I could always sell tickets at the event then not put their names in the hat. Would that be fair do you think?
Or should I just keep the proof and say I lost it?
Or should I just shut up?

I love you but - As a public forum you should probably delete (or at least amend) your post there Rob or people could well complain there Jawdropping!
(ohh & I'll change this one to suit too)

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

OK I bit the hook and bought another ticket.

What can I say, I just turned 40 and I am feeling lucky.... erm... punk.

Anyway, if nothing else it will help tip the scales towards the 50 ticket mark. And it is for a good cause.

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

To be honest I haven't bought a ticket yet myself - it's always a worry when you're the bloke in charge that if you do and then it wins everyone calls FIX:(

The general concensus, I know this is Robert's position and is certainly mine, is that we sell to the 50 max so on that note, any not sold at the time of the draw I will buy - but if they come up IT'S NOT A FIX;) OK:?

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Deep Black wrote:
That link doesn't work for me. I have voted though going through the "recent posts" link on the left (which is always my 1st port of call here).

Quote:
OK the idea is to sell 50 tickets, I suppose it doesn't matter who buys them. I could always sell tickets at the event then not put their names in the hat. Would that be fair do you think?
Or should I just keep the proof and say I lost it?
Or should I just shut up?

I love you but - As a public forum you should probably delete (or at least amend) your post there Rob or people could well complain there Jawdropping!
(ohh & I'll change this one to suit too)

I'd be astonished if anyone took Robert's post seriously.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

A less in the know person might.
Especially as this is in the "public" bit of the forum

Grand Master

I'd best not mention the baby I ate for my breakfast then.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Analog Kid

Late to the party but I'm in Smiling