New members to the website - say hello here :-)

244 replies [Last post]
Scooby (not verified)
Re: New members to the website - say hello here :-)

Hi all at the sign of the golden Sprout, this is Scooby in a warm and glorious New Zealand. I have just joined the Order and wanted to say hello to everyone.
I have just finished listening to the Brentford Triangle on audio book, which was just a blast. I am thinking of taking out shares in Amazon just so I can get my books faster!
I have a question for the man himself. How do you manage to read for the audiobooks without laughing?

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Hi there welcome to the forum.
Unfortunatly it's a bit quiet round here since the dreaded facebook has taken over everything, but some of us still hang about here remembering the old days Smiling
As for your question - retakes Eye-wink

muthas (not verified)

Hi, just joined the forum. I'm only half way through the Antipope but am already looking forward to the rest of the books. I work in Brentford so an awful lot of the geography is already familiar. In fact Ive just been to the Magpie and Crown - for a long time one of my favourite pubs.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

1 nearly down 34 to go

Loved the Magpie and Crown, I hope they still serve real ale & traditionl ciders?
Was gutted when they let the bar billiards table go Sad

muthas (not verified)

Excellent beer and cider. No billiards.

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

muthas wrote:

In fact Ive just been to the Magpie and Crown - for a long time one of my favourite pubs.

Damn, could really do a night in the Magpie. Lots of ale and lots of toot with fellow sprouts is the best night out and it's been too long.........

DJP2313

Just joined from not so sunny Pennsylvania - ex-pat Brit who has been away for a few years.
I went into my local bookstore yesterday, and had the usual hassle of finding where they locate the Rankin books (usually just below the hundreds of Pratchett titles). I couldn't find any, so went to the customer service desk, where she looked at me blankly before asking if I meant Ian Rankin............then she looked him up on the comuter, and said, very slowly and cautiously "we seem to have one called the hollow chocolate bunnies of the apocalypse....can that be right?"

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Used to work in Brentford at AFGA, went to the Rock pub that was the Red Lion, the Magpie is a far better pub than than the Bricklayers was happy days and memories.

Smiling Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Have you seen the wall of the old Bricklayers now?

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

The one with flats and the plaque in the front.