617 replies [Last post]
Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

Larry Correia, Warbound:Book III of the Grimnoir Chronicles

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Right now I'm listening to Third & Bird (a kids TV show).
Last night I was listening to King Diamond play at the Metal Festival - Bloodstock

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

I'm on Terry Pratchett - The Science of Discworld III Darwin's Watch, and it bloody hard work Sad

Also just finished Neil Gaiman - The Ocean at the End of the Lane, it was Ok but not his best Smiling

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

JD and Coke wrote:
I'm on Terry Pratchett - The Science of Discworld III Darwin's Watch, and it bloody hard work

I cheat on these ones I get the unabridged audio book I find if it's easier if it's read to you as you can go back and re-listen until you get your head around it. If you think that's hard work wait until you get to IV Judgement Day: It's Wizards vs Priests in a Battle for the Future of Roundworld. I love listening to Michael Fenton Stevens reading them. 

Smiling Smiling Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Spraking of audio's I've just ordred a copy of I Partridge from my local library on CD, read my Coogan himself

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

He's not my cup of tea Deep.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Really? Partridge & Saxondale are classic characters

Bryanp1973

Get the feeling Steve Coogan is a marmite person, I am in the yay camp, he can do no wrong in my book but think Partridge has had his day now and hopefully will be retired unless the film (which I've not seen yet) does well and then they will trot out a new one which hopefully won't scrape the bottom of the barrel like some of the fosters shorts did. Think Paul and Pauline Calf still have some tales to tell though. Going back on topic,  think the audio version of I Partridge  will be very funny as the book was and with the addition of a Partridge narration can only improve it. Has anyone read any of the Morgue Drawer books by Jutta Profijt, I'm onto the 2nd one now and enjoying it as much as the first one

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

I loved those Fosters shorts, better than the 2 Sky specials for me

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Has anyone seen a comment from Max Brooks on the World War Z film?