THE EBOOKS ARE COMING

58 replies [Last post]
Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture
Re: THE EBOOKS ARE COMING

Happy times reading them when they come, much as I prefer the traditional books, I also have a Kindle saves having to lug the books around with you as mine are all hardbacks except for the 1st four novels which weren't.    

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

I too prefer books, but they're just not what they were when I was a lass.
I borrowed a brand new copy of one of Robert's books from the library and the instant I opened it, all the pages exploded out of it.  If paperbacks continue to be made to such poor quality, I will one day have to give in and go Kindle.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Sounds like a conspiracy to me, that said I've never seen the pages "explode out" some have fallen out, but that's usually been really old books where the glue in the binding has dried out to dust...

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

I have a Sony reader the Mrs got me two years ago. When I got it I could not read a book on it at all, but when I settled into not expecting the “book” experience I got used to it. Now I still buy the book and read the E version.
And I now prefer the E version (but I still cannot get away from buying the book).

With the E version I can flick back to an early chapter and re-read if needed and let say a character is mentioned in chapter 32 and I know it’s been mentioned before, I can do a quick search and re-read the first mention of the character..........if that make any sense Puzzled

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Philistine

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Deep Black wrote:

Philistine
Who was the author  Deep

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Pass, please enlighten me...

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

I think you might a need a Bible for that. Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

You know, I was thinking "Bible" when I read your question, but a quick search only found Philemon by Paul...?

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

The reply was only in  a jockey reference to you for your calling an Ebook reader a philistine, as much as I love my books I'm so glad I have a Kindle now, the really thick books 800/900 make my hands ache now, a bit of athritis in the knuckles, all these years on the Bike with wet or cold gloves has taken it toll.