Tactical Nuclear Penguin

47 replies [Last post]
Rev.Jim
Re: Tactical Nuclear Penguin

I had a taste of Tactical Nuclear Penguin on Thursday and I've got to say I was pretty impressed. I only had a sip but I definitely want more. Seems a lot more like a whisky than a beer; somewhere between the two I suppose. Massive flavour; dark, smokey, a bit of port and so on. Then a warming in the throat that just grows. I just stood there for a minute like a lemon letting it do its thing. Stunning.

Definitely one for small measures and sharing though. But it really would go well with a nice cigar.

I've only had one bottle of Tokyo* (the "banned" 18% one, which I have also had on draught; third of a pint only) so far and shared the small bottle between three people which seemed about right. I'll break out another one for a Christmas do next Saturday and again, that'll be shared. I might drink one all to myself at some point but really it would last you all night. I don't think you could binge on the stuff as you can't drink it quickly.

Oh, and it might be "banned" but you can still buy it from their website.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Where did you get the Penguin Jim?

Rev.Jim

It was in The Rake, near London Bridge, very close to The Market Porter. Tiny little bar with a great range of beers. The barman had opened a bottle and was passing it around to the select few. Luckily I was drinking with an "award winning beer writer" so he got a small glass and it got shared three ways.
They're pretty keen on BrewDog generally in there, which suits me. They had the only barrel of Tokyo* and I recently had the barley wine they did in collaboration with Mikkeller in there. Lot's of interesting foreign stuff too. They even had a lambic festival the other month.

AlbertF

I see that you are into blogging as well. Blogging is now becoming the new fad, especially for new comers. Look at free blogging platforms like Tumblr, they are simply going through the roof. It is no no surprise why blogging is so popular today because it is a cool, hip way to make money online.

Uncle Nick

Well, the good Burghers of Brewdog appear to have been partaking a little too freely of their own output - this one is totally bonkers.

Puzzled

Jawdropping!

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

Bonkers is the only word that  fits that Nick - I want a bottle of stoat}:)

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

If only I'd had a spare £500 kicking around before they all sold out