Lurkers on the public forum

68 replies [Last post]
Timmeh
Timmeh's picture
I suspect it's because you

I suspect it's because you are not a paid up member Robert. Someone will  have to do something manually to allow you access to the members bit.

I'll have a look and see what I can do, and email James if it's beyond my capabilities/permissions.

Timmeh
Timmeh's picture
Right, I've had a little

Right, I've had a little diddle behind the scenes (oo-er matron) how does that look for you now?

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
Odd though, because Robert

Odd though, because Robert has posted in the members area before now. It's not specific to what computer he's on is it?
----------------------------oOo-----------------------
All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Are you sure you're signed

Are you sure you're signed in Robert? Is there a pair of white boxes in the top left for your username & password?

Timmeh
Timmeh's picture
Shouldn't be no. The members

Quote:
Odd though, because Robert has posted in the members area before now. It's not specific to what computer he's on is it?

Shouldn't be no. The members forum was open to al at some point I think. James is the Guru of the permissions scheme. I've added Robert to the "Members" and "Sproutmaster" groups. So we'll see what he can see when he comes back next.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
Quote:Are you sure you're

Quote:
Are you sure you're signed in Robert? Is there a pair of white boxes in the top left for your username & password?

He must be signed in or he wouldn't be able to post at all.

a_random_me
> But these days 40 meg is

> But these days 40 meg is just your average wedding photo’s (that being only 20 photo at 2MP per pic) ....

And the average phone has more memory than that.

I was bemoaning how much memory is on a micr-SD card I picked up for under ten of the English pounds (8gb) vs my first few hard drives (less than 8gb combined).

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Indeed the mobile phone

You know I never thought about it like that, yeah my phone has a few gig on it! It plays videos, music, games etc and it has more processing power than my first computer (or I think it does?)
Talking of which myself and the Mrs were in tesco shopping at the weekend and I shot a 7 second video of another female shopper (The wife told me too), now this video I would like to share but I cannot upload it anywhere......does anyone have a solution (that I don’t have to pay for) so I can share it with you? Believe me when I say you won’t believe your eyes.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
I thought youtube was pretty

I thought youtube was pretty good for taking phone videos. You can set it to be viewable by friends only if that's what your worry is.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
hmmm, just what was this

hmmm, just what was this woman up to?