Hardback 1st editions

64 replies [Last post]
Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture
Re: Hardback 1st editions

Bit of a bugger that can't get books posted to your address.

Small Dave

Yes, it's a sad reflection on post-apartheid South Africa. Not that I'm suggesting apartheid was a good thing - it wasn't in any way, shape or form and should remain a thing of the past. But the fact is, crime and corruption are rife everywhere under the ANC. We have a P.O. box address which is safe enought for internal mail and safe 90% of the time for stuff from abroad, but stuff still goes missing. Anything that looks like it might contain books, CD's, DVD's or money is considered fair game by some of the SAPO staff. As I said, if they open it and find it's not something they can either use themselves or sell, they bin it. Our books were Photoshop training books which will be of no use to the sort of people who stole them so they'll be in a bin somewhere now. Had Amazon made it clear that they were being sent by post and not courier we would have given them the P.O. box address.
Still, such is life. I knew what I was letting myself in for when I came to live here and despite such situations, I still want to stay here - no desire to come back to the good old US of K, dearly though I love it.

Ô¿Ô

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Ah well I suppose shit happens then the the pubs close.O Shocked

Small Dave

Just an update here on a more positive note. Here in SA we have a sort of equivalent of Amazon called Kalahari.net. I originally searched their site for the Photoshop books but got the "your search returned no results" message. So, having been given a refund by Amazon, I decided to give Kalahari another try and what do you know, their search engine had been faulty and this time a plethora of Photoshop books appeared! At 7.30am yesterday I ordered the two books and at 7.40am today the courier arrived with them. 24 hours and 10 minutes from placing the order to delivery - that's what I call service! And the delivery was free because the order was over R250 (which is about 25 English quid pounds, new money). Smiling

Ô¿Ô