Red Dwarf X

10 replies [Last post]
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Have you all been watching Red Dwarf X?

Not bad so far, not as good as the classics but better than Back to Earth.

Ep1 - Trojan was my fav so far, def the funniest of the 1st 3.
Ep2 - Fathers & Suns a bit more SFish, I like the Lister talking to himself stuff.
Ep3 - Lemons was the worst of the 3 so far for me, looked good, but not a great one.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Re: Red Dwarf X

I have to agree, the first episode put me in mind of the classic old RD, the 2nd episode may me laugh watching Lister argue with himself as dad. However the 3rd episode (although I enjoyed it) seemed to be a bit of a “filler”.

The twitter vide from Doug seems to indicate the next one is a cracker of an episode, so we will see.
I think we all expect too much from RDX, in the first 6 maybe 7 series I think we loved what we got, we liked what we saw, and we were grateful for it.
Now however we expect something more, but I don’t know what!

Bryanp1973

Yeah I thought ep.3 was a bit pants, tried to be funny but failed very miserably, heres hoping it was a blip and this weeks will be back to the quality of the first 2. Think it needs Holly back though as miss his/her wity comments. Glad they have toned down the CGI effects as well

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

I expected more of the last episode, given its the last ever Sad

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

What makes you say last ever?

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/red-dwarf/23356/doug-naylor-interview-red-dwarf-x-the-red-dwarf-film-and-future-episodes

I thought over all the series was ok, The Cat got some great bits. Rimmer was good. Lister & Kryten not quite so good.

Shame there were so many re-hashed jokes & ideas.

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

I thought it was OK, some better than others but overall enjoyable as I was not looking for too much so I was not disappointed.

Bryanp1973

After the first one it nosedived into a big pool of shit, was abysmal and the last episode should definitely be that, rehash of old ideas and inventing things that were strangely never mentioned before, a real pity as I had high hopes for it. Deffo missed Hollys wise cracking and just never tried hard enough, feel the writers were happy to do old jokes and hope they had been forgotten about. I'm sure people coming late to the Dwarf (last 3 series) will think it was brilliant but for me was a real let down and I sincerely hope they leave it alone and do not stretch it out into a film or another series.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

I look forward to seeing them.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture