Remember me

4 replies [Last post]
lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

Hi,

A small change to the forum, for anyone who notices.

There is now a "Remember Me" checkbox. If you check it, it will remember you've logged in for a month, rather than the 2-3 days at the moment. More importantly, if you don't check it, it will log you out as soon as you close your browser, so it's higlhy recommended to not check if you're using a public computer in the Memorial Library.

Also, it will make you enter your password before letting you do things like update your profile.

Finally, if you've left yourself logged in on your girl/boyfriend's computer, and you received the "you're dumped" text, you can go to the "My account" section where you'll find an option to log yourself out of all computers you're logged in on.

Hope this is reasonably useful.

James

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
Re: Remember me

James! There you are Smiling have sent a private message - Ian

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Mine always seemed to stay logged in for about 2-3 months before needing to password again...

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

I may not have explained that right. As long you visited the site within the 2-3 day window, you'd stay logged in. So if you visit every day, you should never see the password screen.

This tweek means that if you're on a public computer, just don't tibk the remember box, and you should be logged out when you close the browser.

If you tick it, then it will remember you if you don't log in for up to 30 days. However, every time you visit the 30 days will start over.

Also important, if you find someone someone has left themselves logged in, you won't be able to do things liike change their password without knowing their old one.

James

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Has there been some further improvements? Today I got 3 emails telling me about PM’s which I have never had before. If that is fixed maybe I will get the news letter now too?