FAREWELL JIM CAMPBELL

20 replies [Last post]
Grand Master

Sad news has just reached me that my best friend Jim Campbell died last night after a long and horrible illness. I had known Jim for nearly twenty years and he inspired a number of my books, and helped me out time and again when I was suffering from depression, he was a true friend and I will miss him very much. We spent many a drunken night out together, talking the toot and laughing uproariously, he was always there when I needed him and I hope that I was there when he needed me, but sadly not last night.It is hard at this time to imagine a world that does not have him in it. He leaves a wife and a daughter and a Jim-shaped hole that no one will ever be able to fill.
I am going to get rather drunk now.
And shed a lot of tears

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Re: FAREWELL JIM CAMPBELL

Very sorry to hear that Robert, I shall raise a glass to a man I have never met tonight for the joy he has brought to many a reader of your books.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

RIP Sad

Timmeh
Timmeh's picture

Very sorry to hear that Robert. I know what he meant to you, and a few of the occasions he's helped you over the years.
Sad news indeed. Sad

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

Raise a glass to his memory with my condolences Robert.....

Uncle Nick

Although I too never met him, he must have been a giant among men to inspire such feelings and friendship over so many years.

Sad

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

So sorry for the loss of your good friend Sad

Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

Sorry to hear of your sad news, losing a good friend is always heartbreaking.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Robert
How are you feeling now? I and I am sure others would like to know that you and the Mrs are OK, thats as far as you can be after your best mate has just passed away. Let us know in your own time.

Regards

All from the Golden Sprout

Grand Master

Thank you, pretty rough as you can imagine. His funeral is on 21st in Cardiff and I want to say a few words at the service, although how I'll keep it together is anyone's guess. I think somehow that this has affected me even more than when my father died, he was after all very old and very ill, Jim was only in his forties. I am lucky that I have a loving wife and good friends, I thank you all for you care and concern.

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

Sorry to hear about this sad news.

I doubt it will matter if you dont hold it together at the funeral. After all, you lost a dear friend and losing it shows how much his passing has affected you and how much you care.

I am sure Jim would be pleased just to have you say a few words. Tears or no.