Facebook

14 replies [Last post]
captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

Putting a plug out there to let you know that we do have a face book page in the name of Goldensprout - get along and be a friend Smiling

I would imagine you just search goldensprout, there can't be that many out there.....

and of course the twitter page - you can follow it via the link on the website front page.

Analog Kid
Re: Facebook

I've added you, searching with the space between Golden and Sprout finds you straight away. Leave the space out however and you get all sorts of unusual surnames!

BrentfordTW8
BrentfordTW8's picture

I've found facebook page, have got RSS feed from front page, but cannot see a twitter feed anywhere. I looked on twitter for Golden Sprout but no such thing.

I assume I'm being totally dense but can you point me in the right direction.

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

There's a Twitter Flash app, but most of the times ir just seems to display a black box, so I've dumped it for the moment for a simpler text version.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

...and this comes just two weeks before my home internet is to be cancelled due to it consuming my life.

Please don't all run off to facebook Sad

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Internet cancelled?

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Yes, I can access the forum from work though.

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

You could always get a PAYG MOBILE DONGLE I got a vodaphone one for my netbook it does rollover so you can top when needed,I've had it for months and it's still going strong, using it at the moment because I up home visiting.Smiling Smiling Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

& in English?

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Dr.Bob wrote:
You could always get a PAYG MOBILE DONGLE I got a vodaphone one for my netbook it does rollover so you can top when needed,I've had it for months and it's still going strong, using it at the moment because I up home visiting.Smiling Smiling Smiling

I could, but that would be at variance with my voluntary removal from technology. The internet was eating my life. I sent my modem back last night. I suddenly have time to do useful stuff at home.
It's very liberating Smiling

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

Dr.Bob wrote:

Deep Black wrote:
& in English?

You could get a thingy from a mobile phone company that you plug into a computer (usually a laptop) and lets you talk to the internet over the mobile phone network. They come in pay-as-you-go or monthly-bill varieties. Usually the pay-as-you-go versions are better value if you only use it occasionally, while the monthly-bill version should give you a better deal if it's your main method of internet access.

They're quite popular here in Ireland, as in many parts of the country it's the only form of broadband available.

James