Name that film

13 replies [Last post]
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Colour SF film from 50's or 60's involving Aliens.
Family live in a house, with a path nearby.
Dad walks along path & falls through some sand into an Alien underground area.
Then dad has a "thing" in the back of his neck & he's all angry.

Other people are affected similarly

Any ideas?

Analog Kid
Re: Name that film

I think I know the one you're thinking of. Aliens have zips clearly visible up their backs and spend much of the film in subterranean tunnels with a device that makes the rock bubble and then explode in order to extend the network of passages?

Can't remember the name but I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit - This one? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045917/

"Invaders from Mars"

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Ahhh that could be the one, I don't recall the zips though?
Will check it out further...

Gaz
Gaz's picture

I would also have said "Invaders from Mars" from your description. Not sure I've ever seen it all the way through though - I remember the beginning with the father going to investigate and coming back "changed". Probably one of those many many films I've fallen asleep to over the years...

Croydon Robert

Yes, definately Invaders From Mars.

tripitaka
tripitaka's picture

What's the film where the Earth is going to be destroyed so they build big spaceships and fly off? The main scientist is in a wheelchair and most of the film is spent discussing who is going to get to leave on the spaceships. It was made in the '50s I think.

Analog Kid

Sounds like When Worlds Collide http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044207/ although I don't think I've ever seen it. In true Hollywood style it's being remade according to IMDB rather than using resources to make something original.

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

Yeah definitely When WOrlds Collide. Hopefully someone will learn from the bloody shocking remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still and halt this travesty of a remake. There is only, afetar all, so much rage I can take in one year and the gauge is already heading to the red line with Hollywoods substandard output so far.

tripitaka
tripitaka's picture

Yes, that's definitely the one I was thinking of. In our house it gets called "Too Small a Gene Pool" after something our friend said when we were watching it. I hope the remake gets stuck in Development Hell!

Opalfruit

Okay here's one:

It's a 1950's comedy where a teenage girl writes a best-selling novel which is a spiced up re-imagining of the lives of the people in her town, she's not even changed the names and a lot of eyebrow raising occurs and then the rest of the town gets their hands on copies and more eyebrows rise.

I saw this once on BB2 or Channel 4 during the summer holidays years ago... anyone know it?

Thanks.

Azathoth Nyx
Azathoth Nyx's picture

reddragon70 wrote:
Yeah definitely When WOrlds Collide. Hopefully someone will learn from the bloody shocking remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still and halt this travesty of a remake. There is only, afetar all, so much rage I can take in one year and the gauge is already heading to the red line with Hollywoods substandard output so far.

Actually there's at least one, the film "2012" due for release this winter or the "official" remake planned to start production 09/10. Barf!