Event Photos

7 replies [Last post]
lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

I've added the ability for members to post event photos. At the moment this is just for three recent events, but I can easily add more events if people want them. Post here if there's a past event you'd like included. I'll add new events as they happen.

To post a photo:

1. Click "Create Content".
  2. Click "Image".
  3. Type the title of your photo (please try to put something reasonably descriptive).
  4. Select "Members" from the access dropdown.
  5. Select the event name from the "Image Gallery" dropdown.
  6. If you like you may type a longer description under "Body", but this is optional.
  7. Click on "Browse" to browse to the image on your hard drive.
  8. Click "Save" when you're done.

The site will look after any resizing automatically, so you can upload photos at any size (within reason). The maximum upload size is set to 2MB, so don't try uploading 15 megapixel images straight out of your D-SLR. You may wish to crop and resize before uploading for best results.

This feature is only available to members at the moment, so only members will be able to post images, and they will only be seen by other members. Admins do have the ability to make them public.

I've shied away from allowing multiple photo uploading, as I'd prefer people to upload their best few than an entire memory card's worth.

James

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Re: Event Photos

Ideal chance for Gaz to add all those old Alpha17 pics...

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Hmmm doesn't seem to work. I follow the steps & get a pic file name in the browse box. But after clicking Save it says:

You must upload an image.

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

That's strange. It worked for my test user, who should have exactly the same permissions as you do.

Coould you check the file size of the image you were trying to upload?

Ta,

James

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

The pic I tried appears to be 2.63MB (at least that's what it says when I hold the cursor over the thumbnail) I see that' over you're 2 MB max.

All my pics seem to come up as somewhere between 2 & 3

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Would the filming of Will Rankin's video count as an event? I got some great photos which I'd like to upload, but I'd need an event created for me to load into.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Has that video come out yet?

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

I don't think so.