And we're back!

27 replies [Last post]
Gaz
Gaz's picture
Re: And we're back!

JD and Coke wrote:
Possible solution to the overlap problem...I woke at 6am with this flash of inspiration (I hate it when that happens!)

I run my laptop at a 1440 x 900 screen resolution and when I took the resolution down to 1024 x 768 the problem started with the overlap...I did not take my resolution any further down but I guess the lower it goes the bigger the problem.
So try increasing it a bit and see if that helps Smiling

You know, I had the same thought, but with slightly different results.

My personal laptop runs at 1280 x 800 and I get the overlap.
My work laptop runs at 1400 x 1050 and I also get the overlap on that.

Neither will go any higher. It could be certain screen proportions, but I don't think it's the abolute resolution that's the problem.

a_random_me

1440 by 900 here with an overlap, so not just that. Tried it in the odder settings like 1920 by 1080 and by 1152 and they overlapped too, could go through all the combinations, but I suspect they may look the same.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

a_random_me wrote:
1440 by 900 here with an overlap, so not just that. Tried it in the odder settings like 1920 by 1080 and by 1152 and they overlapped too, could go through all the combinations, but I suspect they may look the same.

Oh bugger Puzzled

a_random_me

For reference that should have said 2048 by 1152, which is as far as I can push this monitor's resolution.
Not that it's terribly relevant.

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Bit of an overlap on the 1st message at the top of the page.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Also just spotted the Avatar/Pics are really big & obscure some of the writing in the "Private Messages" bit.

Gaz
Gaz's picture

Deep Black wrote:
Also just spotted the Avatar/Pics are really big & obscure some of the writing in the "Private Messages" bit.

Just noticed that too. Looks like in forum posts the Avatar is automatically scaled to fit the box, but in PMs it's showing at the original size.