Book review further request

4 replies [Last post]
Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Is is possible (or already possible, I just don't know how) to be able to tell when someone has put a comment on a book review. I only found out I was receiving comments when Deep Black told me he'd commented.

p.s. I'm still getting overlaps on page 2.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Re: Book review further request

I tend to click on "Recent Posts" in the list down the left side. That shows all new stuff - forum posts, new book reviews, comments, blog stuff, news updates etc...

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Ah ha! Ta very muchly Smiling
----------------------------oOo-----------------------
All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

The book reviews have gone errgghhh again.

Has this site been off line? I could have sworn I posted this message this morning Puzzled

----------------------------oOo-----------------------
All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

Nursewhen wrote:
The book reviews have gone errgghhh again.

As far as I can see, the Robert Rankin books page has gone funny, but the Member's reviews page is fine. I've fixed the problem for the RR page, but I haven't been able to find the cause of the problem.

I want to do a big site upgrade soon. Hopefully this weekend. I'll hopefully do it at a time when not many people tend to use it (Friday nights tend to be very quiet - sprouts must have something better to do with their time). The site will be down for a couple of hours during the upgrade, and there may be a few funny issues to report after, but all data should be intact when it returns.

Nursewhen wrote:
Has this site been off line? I could have sworn I posted this message this morning Puzzled

So far as I know the webserver's been running without a hitch today. There's certainly no obvious gaps in the server logs. Could we put it down to "just one of those things", and please let me know if any more postings go missing?

James

Keeping the big flywheel spinning...