First thursday pub meet

19 replies [Last post]
Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

Just to remind everybody and also to inform any new (or potential) members on the first thursday of every month there is an informal pub meeting in The Melton Mowbray pub near Chancery Lane. There are people there from around 6 till closing time. We meet in the downstairs bar, don't worry about the "private party" sign by the door, thats just there to keep "city types" away.
There is usually a good few Golden Sprouts lurking around who (if you're lucky) buy you a pint or three.

Its a good opportunity to meet some of us in the flesh.....and it's where many of our ideas for club events are planned.

So if you are free in London tomorrow night or indeed any "first Thusday" come along.

Croydon Robert
Re: First thursday pub meet

You think that meeting you in the flesh is a good way to encourage membership? Shocked Shocked Shocked

heather.k

would love to see you all in August, coming from Alton so bear with me if i get lost between hampshire and the big town....

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Can't you leave the bear behind.

Marty
Marty's picture

This is good to know about, that pub is just around the corner from work. Excellent!
And the possibility of meeting someone from where I went to college would, for me perhaps only, be slightly surreal. Bring watercress!

Not entirely certain I should leave the bear at home though...

Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

Hi Heather K & Marty, despite what Croyden Robert says about meeting us in the flesh (cheeky sod) it would be great to see you both (and anybody else who can make it). Ian and myself will be there between 6 and half 6 and at least one if not both of us will be wearing bright red Stewie T shirts Laughing out loud

See you there

Croydon Robert

See you tomorrow!

Croydon Robert

Where were the new people?

Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

Indeed! Sad

We will be there next time.....Beer +Toot+Chewing Fat = Fun Laughing out loud

Croydon Robert

Dr Hill bought me two pints!

And I didn't let him feel me up or anything.

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

Croydon Robert wrote:
Where were the new people?

Hiding from all the old farts?

(Sorry Robert)

Smiling

James