About "Grand Master". (Sorry if this is against the rules)

31 replies [Last post]
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Re: About "Grand Master". (Sorry if this is against the rules)

Excessive usually being the key word Smiling

Grand Master

Are you coming to the SFX Weekender again, Andi?

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Sadly I don't think I'll have chance too Sad

But can I please reiterate my request to reserve a copy of the comic / graphic novel, if indeed they are to be available at the weekender...

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

It does look great & there are loads of authors I'd like to see, esp Al Reynolds. But it's very expencive & I have 0 money Sad

Grand Master

I think it's doubtful that I will have the comic printed and ready by then. I want to make a real fuss of it and that will take time as I have work to do on the present novel, its cover etc. We'll have to give the comic book a special Sprout launch somehow when it's done. I'll raise my glass to you when I'm at SFX Andi, I recall you a couple of years back in the company of my friend Mr Crawford. Gloriously pissed!

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Indeed I recall putting the world to rights with your friend over a bottle of whisky or 2 Smiling

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
Grand Master wrote:

I think it's doubtful that I will have the comic printed and ready by then. I want to make a real fuss of it and that will take time as I have work to do on the present novel, its cover etc. We'll have to give the comic book a special Sprout launch somehow when it's done. I'll raise my glass to you when I'm at SFX Andi, I recall you a couple of years back in the company of my friend Mr Crawford. Gloriously pissed!

A shame it won't be ready for the weekender Sad but a special sprout launch when it is sounds awesome - I'll see you at the weekender Robert and hopefully we'll find time to (drinking and partying aside) chat about what Smiling
badmungo

Hi PhantomTa2 - I like you was once in awe of the Guv, Mr R. then i coincidentally met him at a london comiccon and he was a tremendously sociable gent (we even got an invite to his pirate birthday party, which was ace!). If you can make it to a signing, there will definitely be a couple of pints afterwards, and pints of large will be had. Not a member of any other fan clubs, but this one is ace. Welcome to the fold! Pull up some fat, and chew it....

badmungo

Hi PhantomTa2 - I like you was once in awe of the Guv, Mr R. then i coincidentally met him at a london comiccon and he was a tremendously sociable gent (we even got an invite to his pirate birthday party, which was ace!). If you can make it to a signing, there will definitely be a couple of pints afterwards, and pints of large will be had. Not a member of any other fan clubs, but this one is ace. Welcome to the fold! Pull up some fat, and chew it....

PhantomTa2

Thought I'd give an update as to why I haven't applied for membership yet. To cut a long and boring story short, my disability benefits are up in the air at the moment.  As soon as the DWP get their act together and everything gets sorted out, I'm still intending to become a full member.