So OK who farted

43 replies [Last post]
Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Is that why nobody is here,because of the lingering smell.

Just got the air freshner out. Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Well I'm usually pretty good

Well I'm usually pretty good with the old flatulence, but I don't think I can be blamed for this one...

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
I imagine it's because

I imagine it's because anybody putting 'Rober Rankin' into Google gets the old sproutlore site, so it'll take a while before newcomers come here.

(And it was me who farted....sorry....)

All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture
I would imagine that with

I would imagine that with the demise of the old site there will be some kind of re-direction link placed in order to prevent confusion. Either that or a big sign saying "OVER HERE GUYS --->" or suchlike.

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture
It was probably me...

Things aren't quite up to speed yet, but I'm working on it. There are 38 days till the closure of the old forum, so I would like to have his one do most of what we want by then.

Let me know what you'd like most from the new forum.

James
gsadmin
Don't mind me - just dusting
Don't mind me - just dusting the furniture...
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Ahh some improvements made,

Ahh some improvements made, looking better Smiling
Smilies on the post reply page?
Sig further down & with a line over it?
Not having 2 reply buttons?
Not having the 1st line of a post automatically appear again in the title bar?

Just have fun

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture
Good list

Avatars are now working. You can have a bigger picture in your profile no, and it will automatically get resized for the Avatar image.

I take your point about the sig, but you could just insert some blank space and a horizontal line in the sig in your profile.

I'm investigating what I can do about smilies. Adding more/prettier smilies shouldn't be a problem. Will have to see if I can get them on a button bar. Smiling

I think the reason for the extra reply button is to allow you to reply to a specific post or the thread in general. However, as threading isn't turned on, it doesn't make much difference which you use.

The first line appearing in the subject is a little odd and happens if you don't provide an explicit subject "Re: Subject of main message" might be more logical. I'll see if there's anything that can be done to change it.

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully we can whip it into shape in the next couple of weeks.

James

Keeping the big flywheel spinning...

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture
Redirection

Regarding redirection from the old site, Iexpect we'll keep it online in read-only mode as an archive, but as you say, with big signs at the top of the page to let people know about the new club.

Keeping the big flywheel spinning...

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Nice one James

The Avatar is in "My account" as "picture", I take it. I tried changing it, but what ever image I browse to it seems to defalt back to that 1st one I put in.

Also can we have a different picture in our profile to the Avatar picture?

Is there a forum "members" list & associated stuff anywhere?

Is there a "view new posts since my last visit" option?

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Quote:I tried changing it,

Quote:
I tried changing it, but what ever image I browse to it seems to defalt back to that 1st one I put in.

Hmm, the next day my new picture was there, some kind of delayed reation thing. Trying to change it again doesn't work, will have to look again tomorrow.

Another suggestion, more formating stuff in these reply boxes: quotes, bold, colour, size, insert image, hyperlink etc...