Free Kindle ebook on Amazon

13 replies [Last post]
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Re: Free Kindle ebook on Amazon

I'm not sure if this really answers the question, but he says:

Quote:
I buy the Kindle (mobi) version, strip the DRM (which I'm surprised he added, and which I'm not really supposed to do, but I'm guessing he doesn't really care as long as I'm buying a copy) and then use free software called Calibre to convert to epub. Calibre converts better now than it used to, but can still make mistakes if the mobi file is not coded properly. Biggest issue is with those breaks you get mid-chapter, when it's usually just an extra blank line - with his books those get picked up but with others I have to add them in. For that I use another wonderful piece of freeware called Sigil which is specifically designed for fixing epub files.

merry
merry's picture

Thank you GM, this kind act of generosity is very much appreciated.

ChrisB

Sadly I wasn't able to get the free ebook as well as the half price other e-book. Good thing I still got a lot to read. Anyway, does anyone here have heard about Txtr Beagle? It's a new reader that will display the same books. As what I read here, German co out to blind-side Amazon with $13 Txtr Beagle e-reader, it is scheduled to cost $13 when it comes out in the next few months.