57 replies [Last post]
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Apparently it's looking good for 2014:
 http://www.londonin2014.org/

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture
Re: Worldcon 2014

The voting comes up at the Chicon7 Chicago Worldcon in August, there are no other bids against then so it will be academic, but you still have to pay to vote. :-) 

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

A one horse race but you have to pay to vote :jawdrop: Contries have gone to war over political systems less bent than that:P

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Makes the membership cheaper in the end, costs for an American World Con are $40. And if the sites are contested you get the chance of having it where you prefer, ie in 2017 New York and Japan are up much as I would like to go to NY for a Worldcon  I will be voting for Japan as I would love to go back there. 
It a case of you pays yer money and makes yer choice.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

How much is it likely te be to attend (the London one) as a non voting non member like me?

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

I'm using my phone at the mo Deep as soon as I get back to my desktop I will post the info for you.

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

I'm using my phone at the mo Deep as soon as I get back to my desktop I will post the info for you.

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

You can still join as a Friend online for £60 and you could still vote online probably will cost £40.
If you wait it will cost you in the region of £120 as soon as the votes are declared and goes up as time goes on, most expensive will be pay on the door.
http://www.londonin2014.org/catalog/1
This link will take you to the membership page and rates at the moment.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Thanks, what's your guess for the door price?

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

You might be able to get a day pass or two day pass if they don't sell out, it's too early to hazard a guess as that won't be set until the Con is made offical and the concom will do the pricing, but it is going to be big, larger than the 95 or 2005 ones in Glasgow due to the amount of members it has at the moment, and that Bacon lad of yore is on the committe.Smiling :-0 :smile:   

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Ok, so what's the deal if I pay the £60 - friend fee & it falls through for some reason?