THE EBOOKS ARE COMING

58 replies [Last post]
captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
Re: THE EBOOKS ARE COMING

Loving that cover and it looks awesome on my kindle app on my iPad Eye-wink Looking forward to revisiting all of the books as they come out in this format....

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Grand Master

The Brentford Triangle is now available on Amazon for the Kindle (God, this is very exciting, please buy a copy). And the artwork for the ebook cover for The Brentford Triangle will be going up on ebay on Friday. The artwork for the Antipope sold in less than an hour. I rather think that was a one-off!!

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Do you find you have to re-read your own books to remind yourself what images to use on the cover art?

Grand Master

I have to re-read every line of every book that I am transferring to the ebook format. It's very weird, I have not actually re-read these books since the nineties. There's not much that I feel the need to change, so far, apart from the swearing. By God though, these lads did spend a lot of time in the pub.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Nowt wrong with a wee tipple or 20 eh?

May I ask in what way you are changing the swearing?

I seem to notice more use of **** in the later books...

publicenergy
publicenergy's picture

I'm so looking forward to reading all of these again. Just got the first two and looking forward to more Smiling
The search on Kindle is so useful. I'd never have known that darts was mentioned 76 times in The Brentford Triangle without keeping score as I read it!
Thank you so much for making these versions Smiling

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Grand Master

Thank you, sir. Yes it's up today, now to get stuck into Sprouts of Wrath. This is a BIG job!

JRawly
JRawly's picture

While I can see there is a lot of work going in to these e-Books, I much prefer the smell and feel of actual books. I got offered a kindle for Christmas, and declined saying I would prefer the books Smiling
Actually, I have just ordered the next 15 books for my Robert Rankin reading pleasure. Only 1 more left to buy and then I might get the ones I borrowed from the library