(¯`•._.•(¯`•._.•The Educated Ape•._.•´¯)•._.•´¯)

42 replies [Last post]
JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Re: (¯`•._.•(¯`•._.•The Educated Ape•._.•´¯)•._.•´¯)

The Blurb:

THE YEAR IS 1899 AND THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END

Lord Brentford has a dream. To create a Grand Exposition that will showcase The Wonders of the Worlds and encourage peace between the inhabited planets of Venus, Jupiter and Earth. Ernest Rutherford has a dream. To construct a time ship, powered by the large hadron collider he has built beneath the streets of London.

Cameron Bell is England 's greatest detective and he, too, has a dream. To solve the crime of the century before it takes place, without blowing up any more of London 's landmarks. Darwin is a monkey butler and he, also, has a dream. To end Man's inhumanity to Monkey and bring a little joy into the world. Lavinia Dharkstorrm has a dream of her own. Although hers is more of a nightmare. To erase Man and Monkey alike from the face of the Earth and to hasten in the End of Days.

Then there is the crime-fighting superlady, all those chickens from the past and the unwelcome arrival of The Antichrist. Things are looking rather grim on planet Earth. An epic in four movements, this is the third book in Robert Rankin's highly acclaimed meta-Victorian series. And the Father of Far Fetched Fiction has pulled out all of the stops with this riotous tale of wicked women, a dangerous detective and Darwin the educated ape.

Sounds feckin epic Smiling Now its just finding the front cover art Laughing out loud

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

I was lost so here is:

Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is a highest-energy particle accelerator, with the aim of allowing physicists to test the predictions of different theories of particle physics and high-energy physics.

Terminator image comes to mind?

Grand Master

I did send off the cover art, it should be up soon. Am working now on the fourth and last THE CHICKENS OF ATLANTIS AND OTHER FOUL AND FILTHY FIENDS. The autobiography of a time-traveling monkey butler.
God, I love my job!

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Where'd you find the "blurb"? EDIT - ahh amazon
Sounds great to me, 6th Sept seems so far away Sad
So is book 4 going to be written as a Novel or as though it were a real biography or autobiography?

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

I think I've got the exclusive again? a bit small

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Nice Smiling

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Less than a month to the publication and no mention of a book signing event yet? Puzzled

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Maybe it's a ghost signing?

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Deep Black wrote:

Maybe it's a ghost signing?
Or giving up the ghost of chance of a signing, like there is two hopes Bob Hope and...... 

Eye-wink Eye-wink Eye-wink