SFX AWARDS 2012

22 replies [Last post]
Bryanp1973
Re: SFX AWARDS 2012

Was the VIP bar that "enclosure" to the left of the main hall (if looking from the stage), if so was very poor. As I ended up £180 out of pocket on this years SFX Weekender (my people refused to pay for the accommodation as it was crap (me and my housemate had to sleep on the not exactly comfy sofa bed and we are both big "chaps" so we had to make sure we were tanked up so we passed out rather than slept and gave the beds to the girls), lodged a complaint but to no avail not sure I can be arsed organising a trip for next year (expect the accommodation will be a lot better at the 2012 one).

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

£180 quid out of pocket for the weekend? I would have taken it out on their frigging hides. I dont care how duff the accomodation was, you only really slept there. The rest of the time we were out drinking, having fun and meting people. And it should be pointed out that the average con now costs about £100, plus hotel rooms. Your friends got let of bloody lightly and should have coughed up instead of moaning.

So endeth the lesson in "Dealing with cheap bastards". Sticking out tongue

Grand Master

Iain, I do recall you showing me the VIP bar and saying it had only cans of beer, you might recall that I was given a bottle of vodka and other stuff from the green room. I have no idea what became of that booze, I must assume we drank it.

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

I was wondering about that myself. I never got a drink out of it, but possibly others did.

Mind you with the amount of booze I had consumed, vodka would have been a rather bad idea.

Grand Master

I will make a point of "availing myself" of the hospitality of the green room next time. We will see which one of us can get the drunkest.  I am hoping that I might launch the limited edition of the comic book there, I'm not too sure about the logistics though.

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
Grand Master wrote:

Iain, I do recall you showing me the VIP bar and saying it had only cans of beer, you might recall that I was given a bottle of vodka and other stuff from the green room. I have no idea what became of that booze, I must assume we drank it.

I do remember the bottle of vodka that mysteriously appeared from within your jacket Robert, and the "other item" that shall remain unamed - ahem. It, the vodka, just as mysteriously disappeared......
Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

Thanks to Captain Fantastic (cheers matey I am now many beers in your debt) I will be coming to Prestatyn to give  my Ming another airing......I said Ming you mucky minded little devils  Shocked

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

Dr Hill wrote:

Thanks to Captain Fantastic (cheers matey I am now many beers in your debt) I will be coming to Prestatyn to give  my Ming another airing......I said Ming you mucky minded little devils  Shocked

Many, many beers Smiling

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

Dr Hill, for some reason, probably Freudian, I saw an E that wasnt there in your post.... Which was a tad worrying til I re-read it. And it made a lot more sense. As it were.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

reddragon70 wrote:

Dr Hill, for some reason, probably Freudian, I saw an E that wasnt there in your post.... Which was a tad worrying til I re-read it. And it made a lot more sense. As it were.

I'm being very dense this morning and just can't see it.
Thanks teo Ceptain Fentastic (cheeres metey I am new many beeers in your debet) I weill be comineg teo Prestetyn teo geive  my Minge another airineg......I said Minge you meucky mended litetle deveils