Would you buy a used car from this man?

4 replies [Last post]
Small Dave

My sister in the UK e-mailed this to me and I thought some you of the sproutal persuasion might find it amusing. It's a genuine ad from eBay for a second hand car. You really have to scroll down and read the whole thing, it's hilarious. What struck me when reading it is that the style in which it's written would not be out of place in one of Robert's novels. Had the car in question been a Morris Minor without wheels or engine, I might have suspected that the seller was none other than Mr.Rankin himself. The auction is now finished so when you open the page you'll need to scroll down past the "This auction is finished but you might also like this..." message from eBay to get to the actual ad. Believe me, it's worth it!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/220768216260

Ô¿Ô

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture
Re: Would you buy a used car from this man?

I read this a while back. It is just fantastic. I laughed for ages after and then when I thought of some of the silly things in the ad, I would just go off into gales of laughter again.

This man should be in advertising!

Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

One word.......GENIUS!

paprey

After reading the ad, and the subsequent questions and answers, I now wonder if Douglas Adams is quite as dead as the rumors say he has been for the past 5 or 10 years. Very, very funny

Small Dave

Perhaps dear old Dougie is spending a few years dead for tax reasons like the rockstar guy in HHGTTG (Hotblack whatever his surname was, years since I read it!). Laughing out loud

Ô¿Ô

P.S. Does this mean there will soon be an updated Hitch Hikers Guide with a lead character called Ford Focus?