WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME TO MY PARTY?

117 replies [Last post]
Grand Master

Hello all, Robert Rankin here. As you may or may not know this year marks the 30th anniversary of the publication of THE ANTIPOPE and also the publication of my tenth book with Orion (THE MECHANICAL MESSIAH AND OTHER MARVELS OF THE MODERN AGE). So I feel a party is in order. My lovely wife has hired The Hive bar in Brentford Football Ground for the event. The date is 23rd July and the time 6PM (we have the venue until 11.30, we will try to get a late night venue also). Naturally such an event will have wonderful music (I am working on getting some splendid bands along) and also a theme. It should be a costume ball I think. How about VILLAINS AND VILLAINESSES as a costume theme.
Also The Steampunk exhibition will be on at the Kew Pumping Station up the road and I think we should visit that. And I would also be up for The Last Walking Tour/pub slouch of Brentford.
We can make a weekend of this, starting on Friday night. There will be no charge for any of this (except to get into the exhibition).
Are you up for it? If so post here, we need to get an idea of numbers. There will be an invite in the next club mag also.
So.....what do you think?

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Re: WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME TO MY PARTY?

It never fails to amaze me how many of these Sproutings are organised for the same date as a Rock Festival I'm already going to:
http://www.highvoltagefestival.com/
It's good to here from you again on here again Robert Smiling

Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

Hmmmm.......let me think about this.......a party in Brentford, including drinking, dancing (badly) dressing up, talking the now legendary toot and meeting up with some of the coolest people I know.......

I'LL BE THERE!!!   Smiling

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

I can't imagine anything that will stop me from being there Smiling

Rachie_D

Yaaay! Will do my utmost to be there. Laughing out loud

Croydon Robert

Me'n'the missus will definitely be there for at least some of the weekend, unless we have another major drama like when we missed your 2007 festivities because we'd just been flooded.

Grand Master

It will be nice to see you Rob, it's been a while.

alecofayr

yes I will be there

Uncle Nick

Yes! I'm back from "sunny climes" a week or two beforehand so I'll be there as well Smiling And I'll try to drum up some more numbers as well Laughing out loud

Curses, my membership has run out. To the merch section!

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

I can come down from Bonnie Scotland as it does not clash with the Worldcon. Smiling Smiling

Grand Master

It will be wonderful to see you Billy.