New Feature: Favourite Lists

6 replies [Last post]
lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

I've added another new feature to the user profile. You can now specify your favourite of Robert's books, other authors and other interests. Each of these is a freeform list that you can type values in. You seperate them by commas or new lines. Type as many items as you want in each list.

The clever bit happens when you hit save. You should then see each item in your list is a clickable link. When you click the link, you'll see a list of everyone else who's entered the same value in their list. Of course there won't be much there until a few more people enter their lists. When we have a bit more data, we should be able to set up "most popular" pages.

To enter your lists, click the "My Account" link on the menu in the left sidebar. At the top of your profile page, you'll see an "Edit" link. When you click that, you will see a series of tabs. Select the "Personal Information" one. Under that you can fill out your favourite lists.

I'd like to hear your feedback on what lists we should include. I started off with Robert's books, authors and other interests, but we can easily add more lists if people would like them.

James

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Re: New Feature: Favourite Lists

What a great idea Smiling

Is it case sensitive? Stephen Fry and stephen fry being the same or 2 different?

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

No, it's not case sensitive, so in the example you cite, both will be treated the same. I see this has already happend, as both Loz and I are fans of reading.

On the other hand, it can't do anything about misspellings, and it will treat "Brentford Triangle" and "The Brentford Triangle" as two different books.

James

Keeping the big flywheel spinning...

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Great stuff!
Minor comment, the 'personal details' link vanishes when you mouse over it (though it still works).
----------------------------oOo-----------------------
All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Hooray! Personal details doesn't vanish anymore, but newsletters does.
----------------------------oOo-----------------------
All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

Tommy
Tommy's picture

Something's gotta give.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Ok done that...

Fave books (generally)
Musical taste