What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
Timmeh
Timmeh's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

Just finished Elton's "Blind Faith". It turned a corner about mid way through and became compelling. This isn't a novel, it's prophecy.

Unfortunately I don't share the protagonist's optimism. :-/

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Yes it has got a lot better & less silly. Pretty Grim towards the end. I'm on the last disc now.

Also I'm starting Neal Stphenson's Snow Crash

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

I am about half way through Strange Wine by Harlan Ellison. After that I dont have a clue what to read Sad

Gaz
Gaz's picture

Just finished Wrath of The Lemming Men by Toby Frost, and a cracking good read it is too - thoroughly recommend all 3 in the series, and I hope Mr. Frost writes more.

I've just started on "Bigger than Hitler, Better than Christ" by The Rik Mayall (that's not a type, that's how it's creditted). Basically a hugely over inflated auto-biography, looks good so far.

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

I really enjoyed Snow Crash, Deep you are in for a treat.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Yeah, great so far. I'm about half way through at the mo & the main plot kicking in has slowed things down a little, but I'm hopeful for an upsurge again pretty soon

a_random_me

Funny you should mention Snow Crash, it was one of a varied pile I've just passed someone as part of a "here's some other things you might find interesting" - also in that pile were:
Shadows Over Baker Street
Jennifer Government
The Lies of Locke Lamora
The Good Fairies of New York
and possibly something else in an attempt to give a bit of a variety.

Personally, I've just finished reading the updatd Bumper Book of Government Waste for my non-fiction reading, and have just picked up a stack more fiction of various types

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Deep when you finish snow crash you may want to check out Alexander Besher his 1st one was "RIM" (2)"MIR" 3rd was "CHI" and Bruce Bethke's was "HEADCRASH". all in a simular vein.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Let me know what you think of them, My fav of Besher's is Mir the other two are Ok and Bethke is a fun read sadly nothing since but then I have not looked that hard, how are getting on with snow crash.