Out of the Hospital and now a very happily married man!

13 replies [Last post]
Psychonaut
Psychonaut's picture

For those of you who may have missed my post on the old forum;

Hiya folks!

Sorry for the delay in updating this. I finally got out of hospital with 23 days to go to our wedding so myself and my good lady were very busy trying to get all our wedding preparations finalised.

Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes and book recommendations

I am getting better and stronger each day.

Myself and my good lady were married on Frigs day 26th June and are currently on our honeymoon We have found a place with net access and have been looking at photos of the wedding taken by friends as we are waiting for our own photos and video, which we may not see for another week or so. For those of you on my facebook I'll try and get some photos up as soon as I can.

We are currently on honeymoon in Stirling and thoroughly enjoying ourselves (we have left the kids with their Nanny and Grandad) Smiling My lovely wife has photos from our friends on Facebook, which those of you on there may be able to access from my profile there. We won't see our DVD and photos for a week or so yet so are having to make do with photos taken on the day by our friends.

Once again many thanks for the good wishes and for the reading material reccomendations, very much appreciated. Hoping to sort out my fanclub membership when we get home.

Today we are off to visit the Wallace monument.....

FREEEDDDOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Timmeh
Timmeh's picture
Welcome back and glad to

Welcome back and glad to hear you're well.

You'll need your strength for the Wallace monument IRRC. Climbing those narrow winding stairs to the top is not for the infirm.

Azathoth Nyx
Azathoth Nyx's picture
Ominous quote from 'Schism'

Ominous quote from 'Schism' floating in the middle there. Hope things are more like 'Parabola' on your honeymoon. Glad you're in better fettle.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
Glad you're well. Will I be

Glad you're well. Will I be meeting you and your wife at the pirate do?

----------------------------oOo-----------------------
All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
So just what did you manage

So just what did you manage to read in the big house Eye-wink

Quote:
we have left the kids with their Nanny and Grandad

We've had trouble deciding exactly what names to give Emily's grandparents...

Grand Master
Congratulations. I remain a

Congratulations. I remain a firm believer in marraige, even after two disasterous marraiges and one even more disasterous "living with the girlfriend". Raygun and I have married each other three times now and are hoping to slip another one in at Christmas when we take a cruise round the far East. So, congrats and enjoy!

And be nice.

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture
Welcome back to the land of

Welcome back to the land of the semi healthy.

And congratulations on your getting married. Its not all bad, there are some perks. Just beware if the wife put a huge insurance policy on you and your tea starts tasting of almonds..... Eye-wink

Psychonaut
Psychonaut's picture
Many thanks for the congrats

Many thanks for the congrats folks!

We're back from our mini-moon and had a most excellent time in Stirling.

Timmeh - we didn't get to the wallace monument afterall, as we couldn't find public transport to take us there and back again! Major tourist attraction with no public transport link????

Azathoth - I shall be changing that siggy to something more cheerful in the very near future lol

Deep - I managed to read my way through all the Kathy Reichs books I was missing . Love the TV series and thought I'd give the books a try and was hooked lol
I also read;
Halting State - Charles Stross. Excellent stuff, will look out for his other books.
The Hippopotamus - Stephen Fry. Enjoyed this and I am going to try and get a hold of his other books.
This Other Eden - Ben Elton. This was better than I thought it would be and filled in an otherwise boring afternoon. However, I won't be rushing out to find any of his other books. I think he works better with others TBH.
The Diceman - Luke Rhinehart. This was a very disturbing book. However, I was hooked. Recommended to those who love dark psychological tales.

Nursewhen - unfortunately my wife and I are unable to attend the big shindig. However, we do hope to get along to one of the fanclub bashes. If we can get the grandparents to look after the kids for a few days again then it shouldn't be a problem.

Grandmaster - Thank you! It was a wonderful ceremony and if I get the time I shall write up a full report on our big day and post it in the members only forum.

Reddragon - Funnily enough we are going to be sorting out life insurance, private pension and a will soon as we can. My good lady wife has been giving me bits of our wedding cake with my tea, could the taste of marzipan be hiding something lol

Smiling

Grand Master
Tell me something and my

Tell me something and my apologies if I'm being dense. But is this the "members Forum", or is it hiding somewhere where I can't find it?

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
You're currently in the

You're currently in the public forum. Click on 'forums' at the top and you'll get a choice of public or member's only. Smiling

----------------------------oOo-----------------------
All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

Psychonaut
Psychonaut's picture
For those of you who don't

For those of you who don't have me on facebook. Here are a couple of photos taken by relatives. We are still waiting on the 'official' pictures.
If you want to see them close up, then just click on the image. Smiling