Lurkers on the public forum

68 replies [Last post]
Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

I was wondering about the public forum. People who aren't logged in can only see the first post in any thread. There are an awful lot of people out there who like to lurk before joining a board or club. Would you consider making the public forum more lurker friendly by letting them see the whole of the public board?

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Does that mean if they start

Does that mean if they start a thread, they can't see any replies either?

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
Really?

It was my understanding that the public forum was open to all? Is this not so? James - help!

madamstan
madamstan's picture
Tis True

I clicked on this forum thread (as it was at the top of the New Forum Topics list) before I logged in and could only see Nursey's post...

Sx

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
Quote: Deep Black "Does that

Quote: Deep Black "Does that mean if they start a thread, they can't see any replies either?"

They can see replies if they're logged in and they would have to have done so in order to post. If they're not logged in, they only see the first post.

----------------------------oOo-----------------------
All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Hats off to nursewhen

Let them eat cake!

Only joking Smiling it may be worth a look at making it more open to have new (and old) Robert Rankin fans in, there is a lot being missed out on by not being a member.

I know that’s how I started on sprout lore : ) I just looked, laughed and had a great time reading the posts then I had a few beers and posted my first post and got totally ignored Sad ..............not a lot has changed really but at least I get the badges and “beautifully produced full colour magazine” which is great!

Hats off to nursewhen she (like me) is a newer member and I think we could do more to make new people WELCOME to our fantastic club that is well worth being in : )

Ian puts together a great magazine for the fans with the direct input from Robert Rankin, I have to say for a first timer to the "club" front I am very very impressed by what I see and read.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
welcome JD

welcome JD Eye-wink

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
I thank you

I thank you (JD doffs hat) Mr Black nice to meet your acquaintance (maybe we should get a rogues gallery going for these “AKA’s”

At least from Ian's first mag I know what he looks like (and his very happy dog) Smiling

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
Hi JD & Coke, sorry you got

Hi JD & Coke,
sorry you got ignored Sad
That's another potential area for improvement, a post count would be good, then we'll know who's new and who's just come back from a break.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
Actually, I've just had

Actually, I've just had another thought. Is the main forum completely out of bounds to non members or can they read it?
I think if it were read-only to everybody but only members could post, then people will be able to see we're having fun and might want to join to get at the board and the fantastic club entertainments.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
:)

I think that is against the ethos of this site (as Robert posts on the “members only bit” ) and I agree that is correct for the club but maybe we could expand the forums outside just a tad? Just a thought that maybe worth looking into?
Having said that .............. join now, it’s well worth it!!!!!!