Retromancer

10 replies [Last post]
Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

just got this from the publishers RSS feed.

Retromancer
Robert Rankin
When the world's all wrong and it needs setting right, who're you gonna call? Hugo Rune, of course: a man who offers the world his genius, and asks only, in return, that the world cover his expenses!

There is big and evil magic abroad upon the face of the Earth. History has been changed. The Germans have won WWII. America is a nuclear wasteland. And worst of all, the breakfast menu at The Wife's Legs Café in Brentford is serving Bratwurst rather than the proper big boys' British banger. Something is Not Right.
And when the world's all wrong and it needs setting right, who're you gonna call? Hugo Rune, that's who. A man who offers the world his genius, and asks only, in return, that the world cover his expenses.
And so, with the aid of his faithful acolyte and companion Rizla, the guru's guru, also known as the hokus bloke, the Lad Himself and the Retromancer*, sets out to rewrite history the way it should be.
Together they return to war-torn London, to solve the twelve cosmic conundra based on Hugo Rune's personal tarot deck, each one leading them closer to a final terrifying confrontation. They must match their wits against beautiful spies, advanced alien technology, killer robots and death rays, do battle with an ancient god, and come face to face once more with Hugo Rune's arch-enemy, the sinister Count Otto Black, all the while finding time to drink ale, talk the toot and dine out in some of London's swankiest eateries. Without ever paying the bill. Smiling

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
:)

Sounds great, cannot wait!

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
I do hope that you are all

I do hope that you are all enjoying it in the Magazine - there will be another couple of chapters to whet your appetites in the next issue, due end August :)

Grand Master
Just wait until you see the

Just wait until you see the new illustrated cover that I have designed. And the tarot cards and indeed read the blighter, I genuinely think it is the best book I have written for quite a while.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
I've been avoiding the

I've been avoiding the chapters in the Mag so I can read them all through together. (though I will be on the look out for a proof when they appear)

Grand Master
The chapter in the mag are

The chapter in the mag are taken from the unedited original typescript, so there are typos in there. I wonder how much we'll get in the mag before the book gets published. The publication date is 17th Dec. One day after I go on holiday, so that effectively stops me promoting it, we'll have to have a party after Christmas.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
Hoorays! I like

Hoorays! I like parties

*Nursewhen performs happy dance*

----------------------------oOo-----------------------
All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture
I've seen your happy dance

I've seen your happy dance on YouTube... s'good!

Keeping the big flywheel spinning...

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture
happy dance

tell us more.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
That's a different dance.

That's a different dance. Happy Dance is more like the hamster dance
http://lee.org/reading/general/Hampsterdance/
----------------------------oOo-----------------------
All shall reap as the sow...except the amateur gardener

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
The chapter in the mag are

The chapter in the mag are taken from the unedited original typescript, so there are typos in there. I wonder how much we'll get in the mag before the book gets published. The publication date is 17th Dec. One day after I go on holiday, so that effectively stops me promoting it, we'll have to have a party after Christmas.

Well we have two more magazines to come out (end August and end November) before the book launches so I would reckon on getting to chapter eight, leaving you, the reader, another 58 brilliant chapters to enjoy when the book comes out:)

Party after Christmas - Lets get into groups, book all the lodges and hijack the SFX event;)