Hardback 1st editions

64 replies [Last post]
JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Re: Hardback 1st editions

Dr.Bob wrote:
Might be able to help you out there, did email but don't think it went through.

I dont' have any messages showing....I will PM you, see if that works Smiling

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Dr.Bob wrote:
Might be able to help you out there, did email but don't think it went through.

I have sent you a PM the website says it went, but it does not show in my sent box.....could you email ? Smiling

Gaz
Gaz's picture

There's a copy on Ebay - it's in the US but looks like they'll ship to the UK:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Brentford-Triangle-by-Robert-Rankin-1982-Uk-p-b_W0QQitemZ380144847384QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Fiction_Books?hash=item5882660a18&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

PS - If you're going for the complete set, then you'll also need the Brentford Trilogy compendium paperback if you don't already have it.... Smiling

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Gaz wrote:
There's a copy on Ebay - it's in the US but looks like they'll ship to the UK
PS - If you're going for the complete set, then you'll also need the Brentford Trilogy compendium paperback if you don't already have it.... Smiling

Thanks for that Gaz, I will keep an eye on it till payday! Shocked Were there any differences between the USA and UK first editions?

P.S. Brentford Trilogy compendium paperback, cheers I got that one Smiling

Gaz
Gaz's picture

Nope, and that's a UK edition on sale anyway, just from a USA seller. Not even sure there's such a thing as a US version of those Pan editions.

Talking of differences, the 1st Edition Sprouts of Wratch (Abacus Paperback) has a different ending to all subsequent versions, in case you weren't aware.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Gaz wrote:

Talking of differences, the 1st Edition Sprouts of Wratch (Abacus Paperback) has a different ending to all subsequent versions, in case you weren't aware.

Does it!??! I do have that 1st edition...now I am looking forward to reading it again thanks for the info Smiling

Gaz
Gaz's picture

JD and Coke wrote:

Does it!??! I do have that 1st edition...now I am looking forward to reading it again thanks for the info Smiling

Yup - in the later editions the last couple of lines of the book were removed, and replaced with a completely new final chapter. The 1st edition has a much more abrupt, and some would say down-beat, ending.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Picking up this conversation from a few years back. I'm still working on the HB collection.
Just picked up Snuff Fiction & Sex, Drugs & Sausage Rolls HBs from a charity shop - £1.50 the pair Smiling

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Deep
I have a spare 1st edition of "The Dance of the Voodoo Handbag" if you don't already have it?  I would not say it was a fine copy but it’s OK.  I can send a pic of it over if you want then you can see if it would fit in your collection?

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

If Andi doesn't want it can I have second dibs JD?

I so far have got - Nostrodamus ate my Hamster, The Geatest show off Earth, Dog called demolition, Fandom of the operator, Sprout mask replica, website story, waiting for godalming and everything since (and including) the hollow chocolate bunnies in hardback.

Always on the lookout for any I'm missing so if you see one people Eye-wink